The compass needle – NürnbergMesse’s trademark – is pointing straight to the top once again. Despite an interruption forced by the pandemic during the first two months of the 2022 event year, trade fairs were able to gather in person again.
UFI, the global association of the exhibition industry, has released the latest, 30th edition of its flagship Global Exhibition Barometer research, which takes the pulse of the industry.
In accord, 3,500 exhibitors offer a first-hand gateway into the market by pulling in resources that amplify home-grown inventions and overseas capabilities in production and aftermarket solutions.
UFI, the global association of the exhibition industry, will organise it’s full flagship series of Regional Conferences around the world in 2023 again onsite.
As a leading annual event returns to physical format, sustainability features strongly on the agenda, reflecting the importance the financial world places on the issue.
Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB) is thrilled to welcome on board the new director of Convention & Exhibition, Mr. Noor Azlan Abu Bakar effective 3 January 2023, with a main task of increasing the number of international business events in Malaysia.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
UFI, the global association of the exhibition industry, will hold its 16th UFI Asia-Pacific Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 2 - 3 March 2023.
At the end of each year, the IMEX Group traditionally announces a talking point for the year ahead. Today IMEX announces that human nature will be its talking point for 2023.
Data now released by UFI, the global association of the exhibition industry, identifies the status of the European exhibition market in 13 countries. The certified data is gathered by a network of 10 collaborating industry bodies from across the continent.
The 24th Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology Congress (“APLAR 2022”), where attracted 700 delegates, was held successfully at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (“HKCEC”) from 6-9 December 2022.
The International Congress and Convention Association ICCA) expresses confidence in the capacity of Thai MICE industry and Bangkok as a successful host of the 62nd ICCA Annual Congress 2023, with the expected 1,000 attendances.
First recovery in sight for trade fairs in Germany: At least 340 trade fairs are planned between Husum and Friedrichshafen in 2023. Thus, almost 25 percent more trade fairs will take place in the new year than were possible in Germany this year.
Messe München Shanghai is expanding its management team and appointing the experienced trade fair manager Evan Sha (51) as “president China” as of 1 December 2022.
UFI welcomed more than 400 UFI delegates, from over 50 countries and regions, to its 89th annual Global Congress in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, from 14 to 17 November.
UFI, the global association of the exhibition industry, has announced that its 91st UFI Global Congress will be held in Cologne, Germany. It will be hosted by Koelnmesse, and take place from 20-23 November.
November brings two major international events to the Arabian Peninsula. The UFI Global Congress is taking place in the Sultanate of Oman shortly before the FIFA World Cup kicks off in Qatar.
Transformation is circulating Malaysia’s automotive market ahead of Automechanika Kuala Lumpur 2023. From both policy-driven and private sector initiatives, the country has ambitious plans to establish more influence on an international level.
EMECA members’ exhibition activity is back stronger and faster than expected. Full recovery in terms of turnover will be reached already in 2023 for most Members.
The Hong Kong Exhibition & Convention Industry Association (HKECIA) welcomes the measures of the HKSAR Government to support the convention and exhibition (“C&E”) industry announced in the latest Policy Address.
Carina Bauer, CEO of the IMEX Group, introduces the new education program for IMEX America, taking place October 10 – 13 at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas.
“In creating our education program for IMEX America this year, we’ve aimed for radical simplicity. We know meeting and event industry professionals are overrun, overwhelmed and seeking clarity so this year’s learning sessions deliver bold content designed to cut to the heart of the biggest issues in business and personal growth. This is a chance for any and all participants to soak up some really on-point, high quality knowledge. The only price they have to pay is to show up, take it all in and then put what they’ve learned into practice. We’ve also listened to feedback and brought some tailor-made education for specialist audiences onto the show floor. This means corporate and association planners will learn side by side with their partners, clients and suppliers benefiting, if they wish, from added convenience and efficiency.”
Pathways to Clarity
Under an educational theme of Pathways to Clarity, learning at IMEX America will be delivered in four simple tracks, reduced from 10: Respect for People and Planet; Future Self; Innovation and Creativity and Event Planner Toolkit.
Over 100 sessions are available, with the majority taking place on the show floor’s dedicated, three-theatre Inspiration Hub, sponsored by Visit Detroit.
• Our red flag employee by David Jaime, Chief Executive at LE Professionals, will take you through the behavioural ‘red flags’ that create unhealthy work environments. David will also share best practice strategies for increasing collective accountability.
• Empowerment coach, Jennifer Cassetta, will take a martial arts-led approach to helping people feel safe and strong in the workplace with The art of badassery: Unleash your mojo with the wisdom of the Dojo.
• Fickle eaters deals with the fundamentals of food and beverage planning in a time marked by compromised supply chains. Tracy Stuckrath, Founder and President at thrive meetings & events along with Thomas Whelan, Assistant General Manager at Levy Convention Centers will share tried and tested tricks on how to incorporate dietary needs into menus without affecting the bottom line.
• The benefits of hybrid will be demonstrated in Hybrid is still a thing, so let’s get it right. Brandt Krueger, Owner of Event Technology Consulting, believes that when done properly, hybrid events can deliver expanded reach and improved inclusivity - all without losing the power of a hands-on experience.
• “The metaverse is cool, but I don’t know where to start” - Scooter Taylor, Founder of West Peek Group has heard this from his clients dozens of times and risen to the challenge. In Enter the metaverse: a how-to guide, he will lay out all the steps to planning a metaverse event, share resources and give attendees a first-hand glimpse into the metaverse.
• In Sustainability and the circular economy: What the future holds, Aurora Dawn Benton, Chief Change Agent at Astrapto along with Benoit Sauvage, CEO of Hospitality Sustainability Revolution will acknowledge that incorporating the circular economy is key to a full events industry recovery. They will detail how integrating best practices in events delivers a host of benefits from enhanced brand, increased clientele, reduced costs and exceptional experiences.
Share in Facebook, Twitter or Google+:
TFI - Trade Fairs International - The International Trade Fair Magazine.
© 2006 - 2023 by TFI-Verlagsgesellschaft mbH. All rights reserved. TFI-Verlagsgesellschaft mbH shall accept no responsibility for the contents of external links and other contents.
The Future of Exhibitions, Congresses and Events
In the event world, it’s simply part of life if things don’t work out as planned.
Networking typically happens at real, in-person events. But it’s also possible to do it online; it just works a little differently. There are various options available to organisers.
New products and a well-conceived stand design are not the only drivers for a successful presence. Many other factors are also important, but trade fair planners often lose sight of them.
Trade fairs and trade fair companies need to constantly further develop, become more agile and flexible and offer services all year round. New, digital offerings are very important here. With its TrustedTargeting technology, Messe München offers its customers access to leading business-to-business decision-makers on the Internet.